At Allen & Associates, L.L.P., we believe we have a responsibility to participate in improving our community and its public and private institutions. Our attorneys, paralegals and staff regularly contribute time and resources to numerous volunteer organizations and charitable events. We also encourage pro bono work for our attorneys, and actively support our community by providing this service to our area. We engage the community in order to give back in the most positive way.
Our attorneys know they have a responsibility to serve our local communities in a meaningful and results-oriented way by providing pro bono legal services to community-based nonprofit organizations and individuals. Allen & Associates, L.L.P.’s pro bono and public service contributions include:
- Kendall County Women’s Shelter – Our firm is engaged in a significant pro bono project with the Kendall County Women’s Shelter to provide direct assistance to victims of domestic violence and to address the systematic obstacles that confront them. This project is a multi-faceted, firm-wide undertaking, designed to tackle this important legal and social problem.
- Housing and Homelessness – Our firm is partnered with a homeless legal assistance program on a long-term project to secure appropriate shelter and care for individuals.
- Elderly – Our firm has provided elderly property owners with protection from eviction due to problems with payment of property taxes. We also regularly assist the elderly in a variety of individual legal concerns ranging from consumer protection to housing matters.
- Human Rights – Our attorneys assist numerous individuals and families in legal matters involving immigration.
- Not-for-Profit Corporations – Our attorneys assist not-for-profit groups including educational, conservation, civil liberties, and social action organizations across the country.
- Education – Our firm provides attorneys who serve as judges for mock trial competitions at St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio.
- St. Baldrick’s Foundation: St. Baldrick’s Foundation, primarily driven by volunteers, is dedicated to providing children the opportunity to live full and healthy lives by helping to find cures for childhood cancer. Through the guidance of top Pediatric Oncologist’s they fund only the leading research projects being conducted today.
- Friends of the Boerne Public Library: Organization that helps provide the Boerne Public Library with additional funding, allowing for upgraded equipment as well as community programs not covered.
- Christian Women’s Job Corp of Kendall County – An inter-faith organization helping women to become self-sustaining members of society by teaching them valuable job and life skills to prepare them for entry into today’s labor force.
- SAMMinistries: Founded in 1983, SAMMinistries is an interfaith ministry dedicated to providing shelter and care to the homeless of San Antonio. It is the largest service provider of direct care and shelter in San Antonio and the surrounding area. www.samm.org
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is a world-renowned institution whose goal is to find advance cures, and the means of prevention, for children with catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. www.stjude.org
- Roy Maas’ Youth Alternatives, Inc.: RMYA is a private, non-profit organization who is committed to caring for children in crisis. Their goal is to give children a foundation of positive values, so that it will promote future success and end the cycle of abuse. www.rmya.org
- MD Anderson Cancer Center: The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public. www.mdanderson.org
- Kendall County Women’s Shelter: The Kendall County Women’s Shelter’s mission is to provide safe, emergency shelter and transitional housing in a supportive environment where female victims of domestic violence and children can begin the healing process and receive the support they need. http://www.kcwstexas.org/
- Smile Train: The Smile Train provides free cleft lip and palate surgery for hundreds of thousands of children who suffer because they are too poor to afford surgery.www.smiletrain.org
- FC Law Soccer Team: An indoor soccer team made up of law student’s and newly graduated attorneys from St. Mary’s University. They play in the San Antonio Indoor Soccer League and this year they are currently tied for second place out of 10 teams.
- Hill County Youth Ranch: Hill Country Youth Ranch provides residential treatment and foster care for at-risk and tragedy-based children, providing home, education, counseling, and vocational training. www.youth-ranch.org
- Washington International Horse Show: WIHS is a non-profit organization, is proud to support and partner with local, military and national charities. Washington International Horse Show (WIHS), a leading equestrian event in the U.S. This championship event, drawing leading horses and riders from around the nation and the world, is one of the few remaining major metropolitan indoor horse shows and is a pinnacle of the annual equestrian season. www.wihs.org